Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Place at the Kentucky Professional Photographers Association Conference

I attended a professional photography conference on October 5-8th. While there, I attended several classes given by photographers who are well respected by their peers.

The conference also included a print competition, which I had never entered before. I'm very proud to say that my prints did really well! They gave awards for the highest average score of the prints entered. I won 1st place in my category! In addition, one of my prints scored higher than any other print entered. I've been really excited about this. It is wonderful that my work is being recognized by my peers!

This award entitled me to enter prints into the Mid East States Convention in January. This convention will be attended by professional photograpehrs from Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and several other eastern states. I'll definately keep you guys posted on how my prints do at that competition as well!

The highest scoring print of the competition as well as my ribbon for 1st place average score and certificate...

Photobucket

No comments: