Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alyssa, HCHS Senior Spokesmodel

This has been my second time photographing Alyssa. The first time was with her younger sister around Christmas of last year. She was great to work with both times!


We started off in the studio with several outfits and backgrounds.

Photobucket

Everyone has said, "This is so Alyssa!" She also wanted to represent CHS, where she had spent her first 3 years of high school, by sporting a Cumberland hoodie. I love all the personal touches in this photo!
Photobucket

I love my zebra background!
Photobucket

Next, we moved into an alley to get some urban-inspired shots. This is where something happened that I've never seen before. Her mother and little sister was with us watching the photo shoot. All of a sudden her sister became startled and said, "Mom. I think there's something in my pocket!" She thought she was joking then quickly figured out that she wasn't. Her mom started to pull her pocket out of her jeans when a huge bumble bee flew out of her pocket! I am terrified of bees, so I don't think I would have taken it as well as she did!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then, we headed to a sand volleyball court. The shots we got there turned out beautifully with the setting sun behind her, but we all paid the price for it... tons of bug bites!
Photobucket

Finally, we used the beautiful open field where the volleyball court was located to take some shots showcasing her new pink gun!
Photobucket
Photobucket

We held their viewing session last week. The family all so excited about getting to see the pictures. Dad, however, had to teach class at church that night, so he didn't come with Alyssa and her mom. Halfway through the session he called her to see if they were still there. He had finished class and really wanted to come down to see her portraits.

About 10 minutes later, he got there and I started the slideshow for him. Mom asked, "Where's Boo?" (Boo is what they call her little sister). He had a look of total shock and panic. He held up his hands and said, "Oh no! I was in such a hurry to get here so I could see the pictures that I left her at the church practicing music!"

haha :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

OMG I have been wanting a Pink Gun for so long. I am asking my husband for one for christmas!! These are great. I love how you have show case her interests and her personality.