Sunday, June 21, 2009

Photographer's Cookout Summer '09 {southwest Missouri Photographer}

Last weekend was tons of fun! Saturday started at Carousel Park in Joplin for Miller's Lab's company event. We began our day eating then a ride on the Farris Wheel {which was Matt's first time}. I kicked Matt's butt at the go-carts and got drenched on the water boats. That was a nice relief from the heat, so I didn't mind too much! We ended the day on a swinging boat/dragon ride that gave me a headache and Matt an almost-anxiety attack.

We are both more mall people than outdoor people, so we cut out early and went shopping!

A couple of outfits later, we headed to Lamar to get ready for our cookout. We have missed our photographer friends, so we decided to invite them to the studio and hang out! It went even better than I'd hoped...it was SO much fun!

While Matt was grilling, I set up the flatscreen and Wii and Mike and I rocked out on some Guitar Hero.
cookout

Mike giving me the stink eye
cookout

We wanted to share the fun, so we passed around Guitar Hero.

Matt volunteered to go first.
cookout
cookout

Then he passed it to Scott
cookout

and then to Denise Golubski .
cookout

Oh, and sorry, Denise, for the guitar not being calibrated! ;)
cookout

Soon, the food was ready...and it was GOOD! Thanks to Scott and Angela Plauche for saving my fingers by cutting up the tomatoes for me!

After eating we hung out, chatted, and told stories about the Mpix Oklahoma Shootout (which I have yet to blog about...OOPS!).

cookout

Lynda Hammers caught me doing what I do...taking candids of everyone.
cookout
cookout

Even Duke had a good time!
cookout

I decided that I wanted to have a group picture to help remember the day.
cookout

We wouldn't be a group of photographers without changing up the pose a bit and taking another.
cookout

And then a goofy one!
cookout

It was tons of fun, and I can't wait for our next get together!

2 comments:

Heather Roach Photography said...

Looks like I really did miss a good time. Give me more notice next time. : P

Jeannie Reeves said...

LOL those are great.. that first group pic looks like you are trying to knee Matt