Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Starbucks Senior Street Team Meet & Greet

On Saturday, we met some of our 2010 Senior Street Team members. They are current high school juniors who are going to be photographed this month and their images are going to be used in our marketing campaign. I was excited about this process before, but after meeting these guys and girls, I can't wait to get started and see some of the awesome images that we're going to produce!

We had a fantastic turn out. In Pittsburg, there were so many of us, that we had to move outside. I joked about the sun not liking me, so I put on my coat and put as much of my body as possible in the shade. It ended up not mattering, because my chest got sunburned anyway. Go figure!

The Joplin meeting was more intimate and we got to know our kids and their parents really well.

So, once everyone got there, we introduced ourselves and shared a random fact. Mine was that I have 3 kidneys. Hmm...wonder how much I could get for one on the black market? :) We found out a lot about our Street Team members. In addition to having an extra organ, we can lick our elbow, bench 280 pounds, and fold our tongues into the shape of a clover! Obviously, we are an interesting group!

We all enjoyed Starbucks coffee and Frappachinos. The strawberries & cream Frappachinos are amazing, by the way! While geting our caffeine and sugar fixes, we talked more about the Street Team program and we answered any questions the members or their parents had. And...they had lots of great questions!

Oh, did I mention that we gave away prizes?! :) Yeah, it was a good day all around!

Now, here are a few snapshots, some courtesy of Matt.

The Pittsburg crew (minus Natalie)and myself
Photobucket

Enjoying our drinks...(sorry you were covered up, Natalie. I promise we love you!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

In Joplin, I was in the mood for some caffeine!
Photobucket
The banana chocolate chip coffee cake is the best!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Matt Miller said...

Ha! Finally I get a photo credit.

:)

Heather Roach Photography said...

Looks like a great street team. ( : I'd say you're gonna have lots of fun with them.

1stLite Fine Art Portraits said...

Wow, what a great turn out! What's your secret? lol